Friday, October 20, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Let's see if Blogger likes me today.

See, I skipped posting Wednesday's tally because I wrote later than I wanted to. I had to get up hella-early Thursday morning for a "newbies" breakfast with the CEO of this company I've been with for over a year now. The HR director, who works in my building and is very nice, asked me especially to go because she says I have good ideas and the annual breakfast is the best, most informal way to submit them.

O.o

Since when do I have good ideas??

Anyway, so I just shut off my computer Wednesday night and hoofed it to bed. Thursday, however, is a different story.

I did try to post a word count, but Blogger ate it.

Remember when they added that nifty feature where, even if a post doesn't actually publish the first time (or the tenth, for that matter), a draft is at least saved for the next opportune time? It didn't save a draft this time. Since you can't copy from the "create post" window, the whole darn thing was lost.

I did NOT feel the urge to recreate it. Plus, I was tired because I got up at the buttcrack of dawn that morning. Guh.

However, I am pleased to at last post that I've written 4200 words in the last three evenings. Some nights produced more than others, of course, but that's still over 1300 a night, and that's good enough for me.

Plus...heheheh...I am at the nexus. That's right, folks. No more posts even hinting at the plot or genre or progress other than word count because I am IN IT.

The shit is currently hitting the fan and painting the walls a lovely and even coating of variegated brownish yellow-green. *nods* It goes downhill from here and won't lighten up until the end.

Woot! God, I love this part of a book. I want the reader to think that nothing can possibly salvage the situation. Even the direct and intervening hand of God could not bring order to chaos. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Muahahahah!!

Okay, gotta sleep.

OH! And I forgot to mention that I colored my hair tonight. I usually just use a color close to my own near-black because I'm just covering premature grey -- read: silvery-glow-in-the-dark white -- and don't need aaaaaaaaaaaall-over color. This time, I went a different way.

I tried a dark reddish brown. I was afraid it would turn out purple. You know the color. I know you've seen it. Heh.

This...not so bad. It's not that dark, for one thing. It's kind of a mahogany brown. It has a decent red tone (lighter on top, of course, where it's more grey), and oddly enough, it makes my eyes look greener. Usually, when I'm wearing a grey or faded black shirt, my eyes look more grey than green.

Not so now. Red hair = green-eyed GB. Interesting.

We'll see how it looks in the morning when I do the curly thing. I may add some low-lights or something. No high-lights. I'd look weird with lighter hair, I think.

[EDIT: Yay! Blogger DOES like me! *dances*]

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Just as well that Gebs the Devgel has silver hair. No one will ever know how much grey she has!

I'm sure it looks lovely! Post a piccy! Please please Neechan!

I'm contemplating going very dark red-black. It will likely be a disaster. If it is, then it's caps for a month...

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

NO PICTURES.

>.<

When I die, I want no photographic evidence that I ever existed. My words will be stigma enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home