Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dear Charlie:

1500 words today. However, I went back and changed my made-up city names to actual cities in Missouri. I'm not sure if I'll keep them that way or change them back later. I guess it depends on what an agent/editor might say about it.

Does anyone know of any strictures against using real place names, so long as you aren't slandering -- or libeling, I guess -- against the place? I can't think of any harm coming from it, but I'll keep my fictional names in the back of my mind, just in case. And if I do change them back, remind me to change the protagonist's degree back to master's from bachelor's, ne?

Heh. Yes, it makes a difference. The real college that offers the subjects I wanted him to him to have doesn't offer master's level courses. The change kinda messed with my timeline a little, but I think I've got it now.

Of course, if I have to change it back, I'm gonna roll my eyes and sigh.

Anyway, so I spent most of yesterday and today reading over what I've written thus far -- an honest-to-God 3/4 of a novel, folks! -- and correcting the travel times and place names and such. It took longer than I thought because I'd intended to skim, but some sections made me laugh so hard that I had to go back and read to make sure I hadn't missed anything in my enjoyment.

Good sign? I hope so. Or maybe I'm just reeeeeally easy to please!

Anyway, I'm gonna pack it in a little early tonight. I shouldn't have to work late tomorrow...*knocks on wood*...so I'll hopefully be able to get the next scene at the fabulous, witty, and enormously entertaining Arg, Me Hearties mini golf course cranked out. After that, it's back into the abyss of the Dark Moment. Woot!

Bring on the depression! Bring on the failure! Bring on the torment! Woe! WOE!

Muahahahah.....

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Angst! Give me angst!

But can't wait to see it all...Well, people are always using place names without a problem...and they insult them too. I guess cities don't care enough for a case of SLAPP.

Oh, please let me read, Neechan! Pleeeese!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Meh, you don't wanna read it yet. It's rough and not completely done. In fact, I'm just to the part where you'd KILL me if I left it right there while I finished.

*Cheshire cat grin*

I'm at the woe! I'm getting ready to write TEH EVOL SCENE OF DARKNESS!!

Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home