Friday, October 13, 2006

Dear Charlie:

2000 words today. A respectable total. I have no quibbles.

Busy day. The Guy showed up around noon, as he'd promised -- though I had hoped that he was overestimating and would arrive by, oh, 10:30. He shook his head and admitted that I might just be right.

My entire HVAC system, inside and outside, might well be possessed. Heh.

Anyway, after testing a few things, he determined that the board was bad, thus causing the remote flame sensor to not detect the burner igniting, thus shutting the whole system down just as it started to avoid possibly burning down the house. Stupid thing. It was just kicking on!

So, while I didn't have to pay for a new board, I did have to pay labor. He was there for an hour and twenty minutes, which meant I paid for an hour and a half. Still cheap compared to parts, of course, but....

However, I was a weeeeee bit late getting in to work. Luckily I had overtime from Monday to cover. So, even though I didn't get there until 1:15, I still had 40 hours even. Woot for overtime!

Saved my butt.

Then, a friend offered me dinner in compensation for not having heat last night. I didn't even have to pull out the "woe is me" face! Double woot! Thanks, Jody!

So here I am, warm and well-fed and contemplating a nice, hot shower and gleefully plotting tomorrow's scenes, the first of which will be at the infamous Arg, Me Hearties.

After that? Oh, yeah. All Hell breaks loose. Woe! Betrayal! Agony! CONFLICT!!

*savors*

I can't wait. I think this will be a good writing weekend.

*crosses fingers*

'Night, all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home