Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Woot! 3000 words, baby! That's what I'm talkin about!

I'm back!

Man, it's amazing what you can get done when you can actually, ya know, sit down and write. Whew.

Of course, I didn't sit down and write immediately upon arriving home. Oh, no. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be disturbed for the rest of the night, so I made some hamburger noodle stuff from a box and scalloped potatoes from scratch.

Oh. My. God.

The best scalloped potatoes ever. I seriously don't even know what I did to them to make them taste so good. They just came out right. *drools*

Anyway, so I had food at my left to pick at all night, and I made my phone calls while I baked. Then, I unplugged the phone and just wrote. Sorry to anyone who tried to call, but it paid off!

Back in the groove and only a few scenes away from all Hell breaking loose. It's enough to make the Ice Queen smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

There is one brief, shining moment where everything seems to be going okay. The halcyon days. Very little conflict and lots of fun and games at the pirate-themed mini golf course. Things might work out okay for our intrepid heroes. The world might be free and safe for democracy. And then?

Oh, children. And then....

On that note, pleasant dreams everyone. I know I'll be sleeping well, if I can fall asleep at all with The Story buzzing around my brain!

[EDIT: Okay, I had to check The Poz and TMQ for football news before actually cashing in my chips for the night. And I found this:

Look, we’re not saying that the Oakland Raiders will become the first team in NFL history to go 0-16. We’re just saying that by losing to the Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers in back-to-back weeks, they have cleared two major hurdles on their inspired quest for imperfection.

Ha! Mr. Posnanski, you slay me! God, I almost died laughing!

Yay for Raider bashing!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home