Sunday, October 08, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Cardiac Chiefs alert! Whew!

Talk about a nail-biter. That rookie QB in Arizona did a number on us. Egads. I guess Kurt Warner has, once again, gone the way of the dodo. So long, buddy. There's a new sheriff in town.

But we pulled it out, thanks to a missed field goal by the Cardinals' place kicker. Ours, I might add, was perfect. As was our punter.

Oi. I told Mom that I'm gonna come up with a new football catchphrase: if your punter's having a great day, the rest of your team ain't.

Anyway.

I didn't get any writing done this weekend. *weeps* I was at Mom's yesterday and today, and we played sudoku all weekend. And did crossword puzzles. Mom saves them up for when she knows I'm coming down. Between the two of us, we usually git-r-done.

But I did finally get Mom's Mother's Day present delivered. Yes, I know what month it is. And she loved her birthday present, so that's all good. Whew!

And I'll unfortunately have the office to myself tomorrow morning, as the secretary/receptionist is out of state and the supervisor is at a different office until afternoon. Joy. I just looooove answering the phone. Really.

>.<

I will, however, be taking the ol' laptop to work. I'll hopefully get a few hundred words written over lunch and maybe after regular hours when I'm stuck staying late. AGAIN.

More overtime for me. *eyes future paycheck with a smirk*

I warn you all: I will be tired this week. I only hope that I hit that 3/4 mark on the novel so it starts to landslide toward completion. Then I can do stuff I've been putting off and be a little more accessible to those who might need me. Sorry, guys!

Anyway, g'night all!

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I really did think DH would have a coronary during that game!!! Glad you made it home safe and sound. Shoot me an e-mail later about how Mom's doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home