Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dear Charlie:

As I sit here, the words for my story filling my head to overflowing as the hour creeps closer and closer to midnight, the words from Matchbox20's song Rainmaker keep running through my head:

I wish the real world would just stop hasslin' me....

Yeah. I haven't taken a lunch all week. I already have 30 hours logged at work, and it's not even Thursday yet -- though the hour doth creepeth close. Since I haven't been taking a lunch, I haven't been able to write during the day.

Major cramp in my ability to crank out the story that's beating at my skull to escape.

Plus, I allowed myself to be talked into making cookies tonight. Sugar cookies. With frosting. *rubs aching lower back* They'll be pretty, at least.

But I only managed about 500 words tonight. More like 467, but I'm rounding up. Dear God, let me round up!

There are plenty more where those 500 came from, but I don't have the time to write them tonight. Tomorrow night, I can probably stay up as late/early as I want because I'll be going in late Friday to snip off some of this overtime, but tonight? Nope. I was the living dead this morning. I don't like the feeling.

Plus, the insomnia hasn't let up. It's not the productive kind of insomnia where I could possibly just stay up all night writing. Nope, this is the brain-sucking kind of insomnia that has me laying in bed thinking absolutely nothing but how miserable it is to lay in bed thinking nothing. By about 3:00 a.m., I'm ready to bargain with God.

Oh, well. The story itself is coming along great. If/when I get time to just sit down and write -- ie., if I can get these friggin audits out of the way so I have that extra hour at lunch to write those extra 600-800 words that make such a difference -- I'll be sitting pretty. I think I may be past the hardest part, and in another 6,000 words or so, I'll be in the thick of the end, which is gonna go fast. I already know it. Just gotta get it to it.

So, I have lots of pretty cookies and lots of pretty words. One's on the counter and the other's in my head, but hey! It's all good.

G'night, folks. Pray for sleep, even if it's not for yourself. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home