Monday, October 02, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Well, today was definitely Monday.

I already knew I'd be working late tonight, so it wasn't a surprise that I didn't get home until about 8:30. The real surprise was not leaving for work until 9:00 this morning, though I walked out the door at 7:35.

That's right, folks. It's the amazing, annual, locking-herself-out GB! New and improved.

Sheesh. So, after locking myself out of my own house (though I think it's been two years since I did it last, breaking that earlier three-year stretch of annual idiocy), I got to wake up some neighbors who were none too happy -- although please keep in mind that for about 8 weeks last year, they woke me up every Saturday morning at 6:30 with a friggin LEAF BLOWER on FULL BLAST, so they really can't complain about me waking them up ONCE -- so I could call in to tell the job I'd be late and to call around to see if I could catch either of the two people who still have spare keys.

No dice. Had to call a locksmith. Monday is not looking up.

Anyway, I didn't take a lunch at work, so the day was loooong. Came home to write for at least a couple of hours and found a message on my answering machine that some friends are in danger of losing their house.

Oh, shit.

So I called and spent two hours trying to calm them down. I suggested a few people they can call, as they have some SERIOUSLY extenuating circumstances. Hopefully, their mortgage company will accept those circumstances and halt the foreclosure procedure before it really gets rolling, but I just don't know enough about property/real estate law. So, I dug through the phone book and wracked my memory and gave them a couple of names/numbers in case they can't get ahold of someone reasonable at the mortgage company.

God, I hope it works. If not, I may have some roommates for a while.

Anyway, I did eventually get around to writing, but not until about 10:30. I somehow managed 700 words, but I gotta get some sleep. I have a metric assload of work to do in the next two weeks at the day job. My brain's already gonna be fried from wanting to write all day, so I gotta save what little brain power is left over by getting even a modicum of sleep.

G'night, all!

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

I'm sorry about your keys, Geebers! I sometimes lock myself out of my room in res...or think I've locked myself out when I haven't. That's even worse.

And your neighbours suck for the leaf-blower thing.

It'll be hard to get back on the writing track after this, but I have complete faith that you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home