Friday, October 06, 2006

Catch-all Sidebar:

Everybody was kung fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning


Yup. I spent this evening watching everybody kung fu fighting. First, it was House of Flying Daggers, which is fascinating to watch, even if you don't like the plot. Which I do. Great stuff, there.

Then, I watched Hero again. I like it more every time I watch it. I'm fascinated by how they fight in their minds, by the different color scheme for each version of the story, by the mysticism that inhabits even the unfolding present. Excellent stuff, there.

I did write a little earlier today, but that was mostly because I got to leave work a little early and shave off some of that overtime. I got about 1000 words, but I'm not sure how many of those I'll keep. They're right, but they're not right.

That makes sense. It really does.

Okay, last but not least, my football picks for the week:

Chicago over Buffalo [da bears!]
Carolina over Cleveland
Minnesota over Detroit [oi.]
New England over Miami
Green Bay over St. Louis
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Indianapolis over Tennessee
Washington over Giants [this one could be interesting, though]
Kansas City over Arizona [duh]
Jacksonville over Jets [I hate picking Jax. you can never trust them.]
San Francisco over Oakland
Philadelphia over Dallas [suck it, TO!]
San Diego over Pittsburgh
Baltimore over Denver [sorry, mr. plummer, but you just had to go to denver!]


Okee doke. Time for bed. I'm headed to Mom's this weekend, so I dunno how much writing/posting I'll get done. Hopefully, I'll just miss posting Saturday.

*crosses fingers*

'Night all!

Oh, and just on general principles, might I talk everyone into praying for my beloved sister? She could use the good vibes. Just FYI, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home