Sunday, October 15, 2006

Atrocious Sidebar:

Oi. I think someone snuck into the NFL broadcast and slipped in film from a preseason game or something. That's the only way I can figure for my beloved Chiefs to be losing 7-45 with like three minutes still left on the clock.

How did that happen? I was watching, and I still can't figure it out.

Where did the stifling defense go? Where did the clicking offense hide? What happened to the rally-and-regroup from last week?

Who were these imposters pretending to be my Chiefs??

I can't explain it, and I doubt they can, either. This was like watching a completely different team. In a way, I am watching a completely different team -- the score's gone so bad that both my boys and the Steelers have put in their last string players. I guess 45-7 is a good time for everyone to get to play.

O.o

I just don't understand! They self-destructed! From the start, it's like all signals were crossed. Every time something started going their way, the football gods would strike them down.

Dear God, what did they do??

Don't get me wrong. I didn't expect them to go 14-2 on the season. But I certainly didn't expect them to be 0-31 at halftime against the stuttering Steelers, either!

Oi. And now our new fullback is being carted off the field. Please, just let them all go home alive!

My poor, poor Chiefs....

*sigh*

Back to writing. I only hope the bad karma floating around stays in Pittsburgh!

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

A busload of Chefs came to play.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I bleed Silver and Black, I must confess I enjoyed that trouncing of the Chefs. I am a realist, however and braced myself for what would surely be at least a 40 point trouncing of my beloved Raiders IN DENVER. But, alas, as inept as the Raiders offense was in that game I must say I am proud to walk out of Denver with only a 10 point loss. Most of the team actually played like they wanted to win for a change. We may have actually pulled off a win if ALL the Raiders would have played with some pride. -JTC

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

It's weird how close AFC West games are, isn't it? It's like no matter how "good" Denver is against other teams, we always end up with a cutthroat, tight match in our division.

Bizarro.

Heh, I gotta say that the only time I root for Denver is when they're playing Oakland. Sorry, JTC!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

*blinks*

When in doubt, simply support Neechan's team.

*waves Chiefs flag*

I'm sorry for their shite play...

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

*sigh*

Me too, to-chan. Hopefully, they'll get whatever jinx made them play like high schoolers and go back to kicking some defensive butt while their offense tries to pound out yardage. Oi.

Word verification: rtcvwvje - are they kidding? Good Lord, how long can they get??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home