Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sidebar:

Woot! 7300 words today and 13 pages, single-spaced!

*dances*

I'm over a quarter of the way through, up to the part that usually starts to drag -- not necessarily action-wise, but writing wise -- but I think it'll be okay this time. I have what I hope is a hilarious scene coming up, and I can't wait to write it. Hopefully, it'll put me over that mental hump that my beloved sister and I were discussing just this weekend.

God, I hope this works. This book has been so much fun to drown in, though it's conversely one of the hardest I've ever written because it's not in a genre I ever thought I'd write. I know more about it than I have any book that I just started in on. Oh, I've known short stories from beginning to end before. And I knew a lot of this stuff in the trilogy, but not until after I got to it, most of the time.

I see the Hero's Journey unwinding ahead, though not for the character I'd initially thought. I know their strengths and weaknesses. I know their fears and their hopes. I know the curve balls I plan to throw at them and the harsh words they will all throw at each other. I know their darkest moments.

I've never really thought about this stuff while writing before. I either didn't know I was supposed to know these things until they happened, or I sat down and plotted them out before writing. They've never just been integrated into the story so well before.

Of course, I'm probably jinxing myself now. Heh. Yikes!

Anyway, now it's to bed because I have to go to work tomorrow. Stupid work! Getting in the way of my REAL job! Heheheh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home