Saturday, September 23, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Only 1200 words today. I slept late, then watched two movies that a friend let me borrow. I wanted to make sure I'd watched them so I could take them back with a clear conscience on Monday. I'm nearly obsessive about returning people's movies. Books? Well...that's a little different.

Heh.

When I went back to writing, I spent probably an hour determining the best place to write in a scene that I had missed the first time around. Okay, I didn't really MISS it, as I'd planned to put it later, but I realized that I needed it earlier. I just had to find the right place.

Luckily enough, the right place was all but written in. It's scary when that happens. Heh.

Anyway, then I called my beloved sister, who's had a rough patch of it the last week. We got to talking about our respective projects, as we always do, and there went an hour and a half! Geez!

Plus, she mentioned some of the tweaking she'd done to her recently-finished work, and it's been in my inbox two whole days, and I've been SUCH a good girl to not open it up and read it straight through, so I gave myself a little treat and read the last 50 pages.

*sheepish*

But it was so good! I couldn't help myself!

So I kinda goofed off today, but I did still make progress. Plus, tomorrow, it's nose to the grindstone again. I want this added scene done, and I want to get back to where I was to finish the scene after that, too. Heh.

God, I hope this is as funny as I think it is. My sense of humor is so screwed up that I can only guess!

Oh, and for some reason, today it was back to Neil Young.

O.o

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Goofing off is sometimes necessary, Neechan. The gods know I've been doing waaayyy too much of it though!

Keep going with the opus though! I can't wait to read it when its done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home