Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dear Charlie:

4100 words tonight, baby! Woot!

*dances*

The Zone swallowed me whole. I was takin dictation. Call it what you will, but the words just flowed. I didn't wanna stop! If it were tomorrow, I'd just keep writing all night. I'm in it.

And oddly enough, after two weeks of writing to a nearly psychotically eclectic mix of music, I had the urge to put in my Prairie Wind CD. Yup, Neil Young. I don't know why -- it has absolutely nothing to do with the story I'm writing -- but it keeps me focused.

I don't know if it's Mr. Young's voice or the steady, simple beat or what, but I like it. I bought it when it first came out, but I've only listened to it once since I opened it.

Now? Hell, I may pop it in every night. Like the word count posting, Prairie Wind may become part of my superstition. Heh.

Anyway, good night all, and may sweet dreams bless you tonight. I may not sleep for all the words crowding my head, but you guys will all catch Zs for me, right?

5 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I didn't catch many Zs thanks to this stupid headache. Cheers for the words, though! I can't wait to read this one!

Ignore the thingie in your inbox until you're ready to be distracted.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Pssh! I already have it saved to my hard drive, Sis. I will, however, wait until I won't feel jinxed by reading something else. I'm on FIRE to read the new and improved, but I'm so superstitious about this project that I'm afraid to upset the balance.

I don't want this monstrosity to go balls-up on me!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

*throws salt outside her door for good luck*

Keep up the pace, Geebers! I wasn't surprised that I didn't get the promised email, but you deserve to get so much written and get such an incredible writer's high!

Keep the words buzzing and mingling liek guests at a party...keep them soaked with the alcohol of inspiration and filled with the party snacks of writer's love. I'm sure this one will blow us all away like nothing else before!

From your number one fan (and tochan)
Zo

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I'm so sorry, to-chan! I just got busy and forgot.

*hangs head in shame*

It's just this story. It's screaming to get out. I'm afraid if I slow it down, it'll peter out and leave me cold. May hay while the sun shines, ne?

I promise to be back to my usual, voluble self when I get it done. Just gimme another couple of weeks. I'm begging, here!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Anna Black (Diana) said...

4100 words! You are smokin''!!! Now you've given me hope I can jack up my word count this weekend. I seriously need to do about 3,000-words both Saturday and Sunday as I've got a short story with a deadline of next week and I only started it this week! Neil Young? Hmmm, I'll have to check that CD out if it's so conducive to writing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home