Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Woot! I broke 30,000 words! I'm up to almost 32,000!

*dances*

So, I got the brilliant idea to just take my laptop to work so I could write over the lunch hour. Worked like a charm (though I usually get interrupted at lunch if I don't leave the office), and I managed about 900 words. I wrote another 1600 after I got home from work.

I would have a more impressive count if not for this. Someone posted the link for the "How Much Do You Know About Serenity" quiz, and I could not resist. I looooove that movie. Needless to say, I aced the quiz. *preens*

I cannot withstand "how much do you know about X" quizzes. I might even call it my defining characteristic. With the world falling down around my ears from nuclear war or alien invasion or natural disaster, I would still stumble across a "how much do you know about the End of Days" quiz and have to stop and take it.

It's like putting a T-bone steak in front of a dog and telling him not to eat. It's cruel and unusual punishment to give me a link like that and expect me not to quiz every movie I've seen on the list.

But I did break away by about 9:00 and put my writer hat back on. I'm kinda proud of that. Sometimes I'm so easily sidetracked that I'll look up and realize I've been reading food labels for an hour instead of actually cooking. *sheepish* So I only allowed myself about an hour and a half of quizzing before dragging myself back to my one true love.

Woot!

Anyway, since I was late to bed last night, I figure I'd better hit the sack a little early tonight. Now that I have an extra hour to write at lunch, I feel a little better about turning in early at night. Zombie GB doesn't write so well as Well-Rested GB.

Although Zombie GB comes up with some pretty kitschy stuff....

2 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

WOW! Go Sis! 30K in what, two weeks??

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

*prostrates self*

I wish for your dedication! How dare I call myself a writer when I keep letting the real world get in the way!

Go, Geebers, go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home