Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dear Charlie:

My new favorite threat:

If you break her heart, I will rip yours out and feed it to my children.

That's the good stuff, there. Dunno where it came from, but I think I'll keep it. It's Old Skool. And it fits right into the story that is currently proceeding at light speed.

Got sent home from work again today after lunch. I was queasy but okay until I ate a sandwich. I hadn't had anything but chicken broth since Tuesday evening, and it smelled really good and tasted pretty good, too. But it didn't settle well.

At all.

I didn't quite throw it up, but apparently all possible color fell out of my face as I ran for the bathroom. So when I came back, I agreed that I should probably go home and rest a bit. I absolutely will not miss tomorrow or come home sick, though.

I will not.

I can make it through 9 measly hours tomorrow with the promise of two full days of recuperation this weekend. A little stomach flu -- and I'm now sadly convinced that this is no passing food disagreement -- shouldn't keep me down for too long. Dammit.

Plus, I have the current work in progress to take my mind off of it while I'm at home. Work is a little less consuming, unfortunately, but it still passes the time. Between the two, maybe I'll survive without wretching continually.

*crosses fingers*

[EDIT: Only 2500 words tonight, but I spent a good chunk of the early afternoon on the phone with my beloved sister -- never wasted time -- and then spent another good chunk reading a great article by literary agent Rachel Vater on the writing of a catchy query. Good advice, that. I read it twice, then spent another good hour chafing, pouring over the first few pages of the WiP, and hoping I hadn't done any of the cliche crap she warns against. Now, it's off to bed early again. I need the sleep!]

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are ill, Neechan...mayhaps we can chat while you are at home early? A little tochan energy will surely help?

*offers non-nausea inducing food*

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I'd like to, but I'm actually feeling a lot better. Still a little dodgy, but nothing to keep me from work, sadly. Last week wouldn't have, really, if I hadn't been sent home. *sigh* It's hard to argue that you're fine when everyone's looking at you like you'll die any minute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home