Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dear Charlie:

There are few things worse than being pukey sick, in my humble opinion. Nothing makes you feel better but puking, but puking coincidentally also makes you feel worse.

Ever puked until you feel like you sprung a rib in your back? Yeah.

So, home today. Normally, I would be pleased. Not so much at the moment. The toilet is still frigged up, as is the bathroom sink--they're right next to each other, so if one's frigged up, they're both frigged up--so I've been chucking into...you guessed it...the kitchen sink.

See, it's not so much that I'm puking so frequently. There have only been three separate instances.

And if I'm just puking because I had too much to drink--gosh, it's been eons since that happened last--it's just chuck and it's over.

But this...when I'm puking because I'm sick...it's like it never ends. Throw up...retch...throw up a little more...dry heave...dry heave...dry heave...dry heave...all for a good ten minutes without let-up. Then, I'm okay for a few hours. Rinse. Repeat.

Needless to say, I'm afraid to eat anything. So I'm writing. Woot!

My poor sink. I'm gonna have to take bleach and an SOS pad to it.

4 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh no! I was hoping it would only be a minor bug. Major hugs -- I hope you feel better ASAP, Sis!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I was, too, Sis. I haven't chucked again since I dragged out of bed the last time, but that's probably because I haven't eaten anything to chuck. I'm sipping water, and that seems to be staying down okay.

I'm debating some chicken broth, but I don't think I'm brave enough just yet. My hands are getting shaky (ah, the joys of mild hypoglycemia), so I need to eat something in the next hour or so to avoid a complete crash, but...I just hate to.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

Poor Geebie.

Tell me one thing, you removed your dishes right?

Heheh. Want me to send Jita over? It might make you feel less pitiful after staring at him for awhile.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

*sigh* Maybe. Poor 'Rotto's at his wits' end. He's never seen me puke so much.

Admittedly, I haven't chucked again since this morning, but I still haven't eaten. Heh. I don't want to mess up the status quo. The hands-shaking thing has passed and I haven't crashed, so I'm really really reluctant to push my luck.

And HEY! >.< There were no dishes to remove!

...

At least, not on one side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home