Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Frivolous Sidebar:

Oh yeah. And, for some bizarro and completely unforseen reason, I have...given up Coke for the time being.

*waits for the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth to subside*

Yes. I know. Coke is life, and I love that acidic engine-block cleaner more than food itself. But I just...felt the need to lay off it for a while. I drink two or three a day, sometimes more, and that just can't be right.

Plus, I'm sure the caffeine doesn't help.

I haven't had so much as a sip for two days, and the expected caffeine headache hasn't set in yet. I'm a little disturbed at that. Is it possible for caffeine effects to build up?

*winces*

Anyway, I'm not giving it up forever, of course. Just long enough that a single can every now and then satisfies. And I may drop the whole experiment with saving my bones and stomach lining after a week or so, laughing it off as a bizarre turn of the moment. I reserve that right, heh.

But for now, no Coke. *sigh* No caffeine, except perhaps iced tea. The last time I experimented thus, I gave up all caffeine for a month, and it didn't do anything but make me wish for a Coke like a drowning man wishes for dry air. This time, who knows?

I don't really know why I'm doing this, other than that I probably shouldn't be drinking so much Coke in the first place, and that it gets expensive to feed that kind of habit after a while in the second place. I dunno.

Fear my whimsy!! FEAR it!

5 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Pesh said...

*backs slowly away from the Coke-less Geeb*

*donning a helmet, ducks behind Jita's wagon*

Stay back! I'll tip it!

*cowers*

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

I fear the whimsy! That whimsy kept me in the writing game!

I also gave up coke a while back and I've gone down from three cans a day to about one a week, even less. Its done wonders for my skin more than anything else.

*realises this sounds like a Coke-drinkers Anonymous meeting*

I promise you, its easier than you think. But giving up sugar...

Now that is the test of will!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Oh! About Dojo Heroes...

There are some PCs that are already taken, but I'm sure a Geburah neko would be GREAT fun! I'm so chuffed that you're going to join!

Heee...you're becoming a right Rhodent, aren't you? First nationstates (man, Zogeta is a POOR-ASS state) and now DH...kyahahaha!

Welcome to DH! Membership is jumping up and by the end of the week we should start the game. Hurrah!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Well, the ultimate goal is to cut down on pop almost entirely, except for once in a while at a restaurant or while on the road or something. It's not so much giving up caffeine or sugar, but the combination and the carbonation on top. I dunno.

It actually hasn't been that hard. I accidentally bought a Mountain Dew this morning and just about threw a fit. I'd wanted the Lipton's Iced Tea with Lemon that I know is in there, but I only get MD out of that machine, so when I put in my dollar, I just pushed the usual button.

Before the damn thing even dropped out the bottom, I was whining, "NOOOOO! DAMMIT!"

*facepalm*

So I drank it because I can't bear to waste a buck, but that's really been it for caffeine and sugar, drink-wise. Oh, well.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Ooooooh. First Wanda, now you. What's the world coming to??? Fear whimsy indeed! I am proud of you, though. Don't ask me to give up my coffee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home