Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dear Charlie:

For all the fuss I make about Coke being life, it actually hasn't been that hard to drop it. I expected headaches and pissy behavior. I got generic lemon-lime soda and Gatorade.

Go figure.

Part of the ease is probably that I'm on a writing binge, which means I don't notice much of anything outside of the world I'm detailing, but that can't be all of it. I mean, who knew I could just...stop?

O.o

It's a little disturbing.

But the story's going great guns, though I had to not write today. I did a crapload of dishes this morning and cleaned my counters and stove. Yup, I needed to bake, and baking always starts with a massive cleaning of the kitchen.

Apple cobbler. Even peeled and chopped the apples. Made my own crust.

I gotta say that I do make a pretty damned good cobbler. It's all in the recipe, folks. I just follow it.

Anyway, another work week looms. I'll be chafing from 8:00 in the morning until 5:00 at night to write, feeling like work is yet again interfering with my REAL life, heh. It cracks me up when I do that. It's like writing is my job, and that irritating hobby I do every day for 9 hours just gets in the way.

Too bad that hobby pays and my job doesn't, ne?

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Anna Black (Diana) said...

I like your statement about work interfering with one's REAL life. It most certainly does! Unless you're one of the lucky few who actually loves the job they have. Trust me, I don't love what I'm doing at all!!

And that's a good way to look at writing. As one's real job! But, yeah, unfortunately, at least for now the pay sucks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home