Monday, July 17, 2006

Dear Charlie:

So Adrienne up and moved back to her home city this weekend. No phone call. No e-mail. No post-it note with a little "Byeee!" on it. No nothing.

Now, not only is this incredibly inconvenient timing from a business standpoint -- a mega annual audit coming up next week that we've all been scrambling to pretty up for and that has pretty much been storied as one of the more stressful and horrible things I'll ever be through since I started working here -- but it's incredibly inconsiderate from a friendship standpoint. Yes, I did consider Adrienne a friend.

She's been to my home. I took her to meet my other friends. We ate out a few times and went to see PotC: Dead Man's Chest together that first time. Things that friends do, right?

So...why no communication? Oh, she left the office manager a little note with her name badge and keys that said something to the effect of, "Sorry, and here are my excuses for never coming back". But though I can understand why she didn't want to let the cat out of the bag early, I thought better of her than to imagine that she wouldn't at least drop me an e-mail saying, "Sorry, kiddo, but that popsicle stand blows!"

Or maybe I'm nicer than I let on, because I wouldn't leave my worst enemy in a lurch like this without so much as a "See ya, suckerrrrr!" to keep them company.

So, the next week or so will very likely be Hell on Earth, where before, they simply would have been Hell in Hell. You know, where Hell belongs, rather than thrust into some heretofore peaceful and rational place. Happy-happy, joy-joy, ne?

5 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Charon told me since he's already stuck in hell on earth, too, that he'd come keep you company.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Don't make me send Gregar too. I'm sure he'd be really good at that auditing thing. If he can use his rahke.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Can you believe that Wanda's been caffeine free for a month, now? No scent of Gregar. I just can't believe it. I told her it's a good thing she didn't give up leather too.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Are you smiling yet?

Hugs!!!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Yes, beloved sister, I am indeed smiling. Charon is quite welcome to spend his time in Hell on Earth with me. Perhaps I can make his stay more bearable, ne?

And as far as I'm concerned, a rahke could only make an audit better. Of course, I'm pretty sure a dead rat could make an audit better, too, but with Gregar, at least it would smell heavenly, despite the blood loss! Woot!

...Why on EARTH would someone give up Gregar's scent?? Lordy! O.o

But leather's nice, too...especially saddle leather...that's been well-taken-care-of....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home