Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sidebar:

You know, this is my "writing" blog, and I so rarely talk about my writing. I write all the time, even if it's just images in my head that I want to put down to get them out. Most of the stuff I write will never end up in a book, but it's all good practice and it all makes me think about elements of my writing that I wouldn't normally.

So, when I saw this post in my beloved sister's blog, I knew I had to give it a whirl. It's a listing of ten elements that are always in my writing, no matter what genre.

And those of you who know me well? That's right. Romance and love ain't gonna be on THIS list! Bwahah!

1. Action
2. Honor
3. Sacrifice
4. Friendship
5. Self-discovery
6. Blood/Gore
7. Family/Home (not necessarily blood family)
8. Adventure
9. Humor
10. Sense of time

4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Methinks I'll try figure out my own, though I still don't know what the bloody hell I'm trying to write even though I've been writing ever since I was ten! >.<

Heee...watch out on my blogs for what I guess my writing is about.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Diana said...

That's a great list. I should give it a try at some point.

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Sis! Honor and adventure are biggies for you!

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh, that was me. Blogger hates me!! For some reason, I can't get the blogger logon buttons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home