Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dear Charlie:

So, Big Ben has taken to kissing windshields, the President has taken to laughing at anyone wearing sunglasses...*hides own omnipresent pair behind back*...and I've funkied up my neck again -- this time from mowing down a meadow with a push mower.

Yeah. Mowed the back forty Tuesday evening -- the BIG half, not the HARD half. It was three steps forward, two steps back for the whole last hour. Thank God that Dad came up and mowed the HARD half for me, or I'd have really been messed up.

As it is...I have to tell the Doc on my check-up visit next week that I...frigged up my neck again. Oi.

He'll probably caper. Okay, he WON'T, but he'll give me that LOOK.

Not much else is going on with me lately. I still haven't heard from the anthology on the dark satire. *eyes calendar* I really don't want to get rejected on the last possible date. If I'm gonna be rejected, sooner is ALWAYS better than later!

*prays for June 30 to hurry the hell up and get here*

Other than that...um...not so much. Oi.

[EDIT: And before any weisenheimers out there try to say I'm making fun of the President for not magically knowing that someone had a legitimate medical condition, I'm saying that the fact that THIS is news is funny. Just FYI.]

3 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Here's hoping you hear good news on the anthology. I've pretty much given up on erotica anthology I submitted to back in February. I haven't heard a peep but, geez, I did include a SASE with my submission. They could at least send that back and say, sorry, we don't want it or it doesn't fit or needs or this sucks and don't send us anything else! The silence is not only defeaning it's annoying.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, Sis, I hope you get a positive response very very soon! And I know you only live 1 1/2 hours away (I said this on Diane's blog too) -- but we always end up TALKING instead of watching!! Lord knows DH would rather watch the same episode of M.A.S.H. for the thousandth time than ever watch anything I would enjoy!!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

I understand your twitchiness! I'm also waiting to hear from a publisher (of sorts) and if I check my email one more time my laptop might get pissed and explode.

I swear your lawn is on steriods. And why are Americans so preoccupied with their lawns? No one here minds if it grows a couple of inches. Yours is a monster. If you get a husband, if only to mow the lawn, that's not too bad. Heee...it reminds me of a joke but it is not appropriate to put it in this here blog.

And I still think Bush is an idiot. He would laugh at people. And he believes his enemies are not his friends. And he's just a bad reflection on Americans as a whole. Hmmm...

*rubs GB's neck* I hope that the doc can fix it...surgery would not be cool!

Hope you hear from the publishers soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home