Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sidebar:

Bad scenario: I had to shop today.

Worse scenario: I had to shoe shop today. Gah!

Worst case scenario EVER: I had to shoe shop today...at the MALL!

I nearly died. I swear. But I did get a kickin' pair of Doc Martins to replace my loooong worn-out Sketchers. They were a little more than I'd planned to spend, but they'll last half of forever. And they're comfortable.

Dad thought they were heavy, but they feel just right on my feet. Heh, I guess I've gotten used to weighted shoes, ne? But they're like walking on air, I swear. Good stuff.

So, I rewarded myself for shoe shopping at the mall with a minimum of fuss by agreeing when a friend asked me to chill with him at Champs. Yup, the old bar.

I'd quit going for a long time -- about a year and a half -- because only one of my friends on the staff still worked there. It was kind of a bummer parting because some of those guys were like family to me. But I heard a few weeks back about the new place opening on the restaurant side of the Champs building and thought I'd stop in. Couldn't hurt. I still knew the owner, after all.

As it turned out, that was one of my best stops of the year, because most of my old friends are working there again! Yay! It was like picking up just where we left off -- movie quotes, bad jokes, free beer, and all-out good times.

I've been back three times since then, twice with newer friends and that first time by myself. All three times, I've been hit up for goodies. Heh. My boys are spoiled, you see. I used to bring them cookies and bon-bons and other goodies all the time.

Once, I even brought pot roast with potatoes and carrots. Spoiled rotten, I tell ya.

So anyway, I went there tonight, and it's just such fun. My friend isn't quite as...I dunno...free with strangers as I am, so he was surprised when, after a five minute conversation with another guy, I finally answered the "Who's that?" with the truth: that I'd never met the guy before. Heh.

What can I say? It's my one gift!

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

I too hate shoe shopping! I can never find anything for my big, size nine feet! Its tragic, I tell you. But I do so like boots. Death to dainty, high-heeled things!

But its always good to find old friends and new places!

Well, back to the homework...joy.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger "The Rake" said...

To listen to my wife talk - I would think swim suit shopping is more of a tragic event than shoe shopping. What do I know?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Zo, you're killing me. Size 9 1/2, here. *grin* I'd say the size of my shoes is equal to the size of my heart...but I don't have one, so the equation is moot.

Rake, I solve that agonizing dilemma by simply not swin suit shopping. Heh. You couldn't pay me money. Shoes? Yeah, they're bad enough.

Add on my revulsive dislike of feet (even my own, which are relatively well taken care of), and you got just a hellacious experience in the making. Guh.

Feet. *shudder*

Strangers touching my feet. *convulses*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home