Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Weird day. The migraine is gone, so let the joyous dance of freedom begin.

*dances*

Long day at work, though. I knew I'd be working late, but I still managed to forget to take dinner. Needless to say, the first thing I did when I got off work at 8:00 was go grab some food.

I got hit on by one of the cooks.

O.o

For once, though, I was actually aware of being hit on. I've actually been on a date before without realizing it. Yes, I am that oblivious. I just...don't date. Or I don't know it, anyway. Heh.

Here I was, enjoying some gyoza and re-reading one of Stephen King's novels for the umpteenth time, and a cook comes over and sits down, apparently taking my smile of appreciation for the food as an invitation. I don't mind. I have no problem with a good conversation, even with a stranger. I'm not sure I've ever actually met a stranger, now that I think of it.

Anyway....

"I've seen you in here before, haven't I? You always look so happy, always smiling. I noticed you right away."

Now, depending on the context, those words are either flattering or creepy as hell. This time, I'm pretty sure they were flattering. And for some reason, I actually knew what they meant this time.

Sure enough, after a few moments' banter, he popped out with, "What are you doing Saturday evening?"

Um...driving to my beloved sister's house. Though I'm actually doing that Sunday morning.

"What about next Saturday evening?"

...Um...drawing a blank...no...aahhmmm...dunno. I don't plan that far ahead.

I'm not sure if I side-stepped a date or not. I think I might just not eat there for a while and hope he forgets. Heh.

He's a nice enough looking guy. Polite. Nice smile. Unobtrusive. Seems at least moderately witty. That kind of thing.

But I don't date. Heh. At least, I TRY not to. God only knows what'll happen the next time I go there!

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Hmmm...chef boy. Not a bad choice if you have to make one.

Apparently I get hit on. I never notice. Yet another thing we have in common :)

I love Stephen King's non-horror books like Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption. And he was turned down by many publishers too! Hope for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home