Sunday, April 02, 2006

Dear Charlie:

What a beautiful day! I have all my windows open and there's an absolutely heavenly breeze blowing through the house. It's not too hot. Not too humid.

Perfection.

So, I'm thawing some steaks, and as soon as I find the damn missing wheel off my grill -- the poor thing's been leaning drunkenly since, oh, December? -- I plan to fire the old girl up and have myself a barbeque! Woot!

I wonder how many will show up...*nervously checks stock of steak*....

I guess it's a good thing I just visited the butcher and filled up my freezer, ne? Woo-hoo!

God, I love being outside when it's nice like this! I think that's why I hate summer -- I can't stand heat, so I stay inside more than I do in winter. Woot for more days like today!

3 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hey, your Dad is mad because he wasn't invited. *GGG* He's here entertaining monsters.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Heh, if he'd told me he was in the mood for some steak, potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and squash tossed on the ol' gas grill....

Nah. He'd have probably still have entertained the monsters!

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Oh, the joys of being able to cook!

Hey, but I can do the other stuff...like barbeque and chop veggies.

*sees muse running away at mention of chopping veggies*

Uh...right...

Gasp! You cook by gas?! Blasphemy!Whatever happened to wood and charcoal? *shakes head* No, GB...when I win the lotto and ship your ass here, I will show you how to braai/barbeque properly.

*mutters*

Gas grill...really...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home