Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Whew. Time gets away, don't it?

Well, after having one of the worst days in a looooong time yesterday, I must say that today was exceedingly better. Not only did some of my office compatriots stand up for me against some others, but my supervisor went to bat for me, believed me, and told me flat out that I am currently indispensible.

Whew!

No, my job was never in jeopardy, but I was called "uncivil" by someone who could have made that complaint "official" if she wanted to, and it pissed me off. I didn't go higher or even tell anyone about it, but people who were there refused to let it stand, and it will not be repeated.

I am not now, nor have I ever been "uncivil".

Plus, my supervisor also helped me file today -- for the last three weeks, I've been busting my butt covering both my job and another newly vacant one and training the new recruit (though the job is not my specialty and I'm kinda winging it) -- and gave me the nicest compliment about how neat and orderly and tidy my files are. She said that she could see an amazing difference just in the short time I've been there.

It made me feel good, because I am completely anal-retentive about my paperwork. God forbid someone should return a chart with folded-under edges or wrinkled pages! Hell hath no fury!

Heh.

But anyway, it was a very nice change from the ridiculously overwhelming pace of yesterday and that stupid comment that so threw me off my stride. Good to get through such things, though I could have preferred not to mess with it.

Plus, I've been having very interesting conversations of late. That is ALWAYS a good thing.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hugs on the bad day, but I'm so glad today went better! You can deal with a lot of flack from a small number when your supervisor and immediate teammates back you up!

Sorry I haven't put your birthday present in the mail yet--I can't find a box! I know that's stupid, but everything's way too big. Now at least I can stick Micah in with it!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Having been the recipient of a similar comment at the job I had last year where psycho-woman worked I can totally relate. But glad to hear things got better.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Tarnished Janus said...

You're actually capable of having a bad day? No, don't be mad at me. I'm not poking your pain or anything. I'm just surprised. From reading a bit of your archives, it seems like nothing phases you.

From someone who has more bad days than any other kind, you eventually either get used to it or start throwing things. I suggest the latter. It always makes me feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home