Friday, March 03, 2006

Dear Charlie:

This'll be another weekend on the run. One of these days, I'll have a nice, quiet weekend.

...

Shyeah, right.

At any rate, I'm headed for the home town after work today, so I might not be around the 'net much this weekend. Mom has internet, of course, but it's dial-up. COUNTRY dial-up. It's doing good to get about 24 kbps, which made my old dial-up look damn near super-speed.

So, I may be a ghost this weekend.

Oh! And I tripped into a political discussion yesterday! What was I THINKING??

Gah!

One little comment about patriotism, and suddenly I'm stuck defending my opinions. Sheesh. 'S why I don't usually talk politics.

See, there are no opinions in politics. There are STANCES. Stances must be defended at all costs. Best defense? Why, a good offense, of course.

And the most common -- notice that I don't say "most efficient" -- offense? Full frontal attack.

That's why I usually stay out of political debate. It's difficult to have a rational, logical discussion about something everyone feels so heated about. Abortion. Religion in schools. FISA. The Patriot Act. The current administration.

They all have one thing in common: they're MINE FIELDS.

But...I couldn't help spouting a little patriotism. I am a patriot, and I get a little ruffled when I hear/read people bashing my home country. Bothers me. I'll gripe all day about the cost of gas, true, but the entire time, I'm savoring my right to do so!

Go, America! Woo-hoo!

Okay, I'm running now, or I'll be late for work. Have a good weekend, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Aw, crap. So you won't be able to sign into Yim!

I've been chatting for nearly 12 hours solid with Keely. I haven't sleep and I think I'm losing my mind.

Have fun in the hometown, and I hope to hear from you on Monday!

Sorry I only found out now about the blog...I have one now, even if it looks crap...

Enjoy the drive; I know you will!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Holy Bardock...that's real 6am spelling creeping in there! I'm not ignorant, I'm not!

*wails*

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

ZO!! *glomp-tackles*

I just now realized you'd posted on my blog! How cool is that? I'll link you up in my sidebar shortly.

Maybe you'll suck me into more political debate, ne? Since you're damn near a genius therein, ya know....

Welcome to blogging! Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home