Monday, February 13, 2006

Bizarro Sidebar:

Guh. Sick. Stayed home sick for the first time at the new job.

Yeah. That sick.

I caught the Mystery Sudden-Onset Mega-Snot-Inducing cold again. No lie. Started up yesterday morning-ish. Didn't sleep last night. Every time I started to drop off...then came the snot.

My nose is raw. My head is pounding.

I'd almost blame it on allergies, but it snowed on and off this weekend, so what could be producing allergins?

...Is that even a word? It rings a bell...but did I just make it up??

So, because I'm whonky and tired and zonked as hell, I'm watching Firefly straight through. Yup, all the episodes (except for the last DVD, since the friend I hooked at work still has that one) back to back. I've only dozed off once, and that was during the end music between DVDs 1 and 2, so I didn't miss anything.

I also ate soup. Cleared me up for, oh, twenty minutes or so. God, it's nice to breathe through the nose, even for just a second!

Now, I gotta go boil some water for some hot tea. I'm getting a caffeine headache -- no Coke when I'm sick as it just clogs up the throat, gorrammit -- and breathing in the heat should clear me out again for another twenty minutes or so.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering...NO. I'm not planning to go to the doctor. However, I am running for the bathroom every half hour or so from all the water/juice/Gator-ade I've been drinking since about 5:00 this morning (when I finally gave up on sleep for good).

No doctor, but no dehydration, either.


[EDIT: Dirty pool, old man. I went to grab a coffee mug from the cabinet for some hot tea, and just about threw it when I saw the ginormous dead spider inside.

SO not cool to do to a sick person. How the hell did it GET there, anyway??

*is now all creeped out*

I am kinda proud that I DIDN'T throw it, though. Just put it down VERY quickly and ran away a good three steps before remembering that the damn beastie was dead.

Needless to say, I've chosen a different mug, and I've washed it in scalding hot water. With lots of soap. Just in case.

*shudder*]

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Poor Sis! ((((hugs)))) Are you feeling better today?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Not really. I went to work, but they sent me back home.

Seriously, the spider was the worst part. Freaked me out, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home