Monday, November 01, 2004

Sidebar:

Wow. I never thought I'd ever be glad I didn't get to tailgate.

I thawed out 4 bacon-wrapped filet mignon(s?) to take to Arrowhead yesterday, but we ended up leaving a little late, getting there too late to really fire up a grill, so I just brought them back home again. Now, there's nothing like tail-gating at Arrowhead. I'm sure every NFL stadium (and probably several college stadiums) say the same, but even national gourmets say that Arrowhead takes the cake. If I had a link to the article proving that fact, I'd put it up here, but I read it like two years ago and never thought to preserve the link. *sheepish* Who knew I'd have a blog?

At any rate, when I came home from work tonight, I decided I'd better eat those filet mignon(s) before they go bad. I can't refreeze them, you know? So, I diced some potatoes, added butter and herbs, and wrapped that mess in foil. Then, I fired up the gas grill (though it was already dark out and a wee bit chilly outside), slapped a filet on the grill, added the potato packet, and let 'em cook.

Monday Night Football hasn't tasted that good in QUITE a while! God, filet mignon is GOOD. Medium rare. No sauce needed. The meat itself is just sooo juicy and tender and lean and...smokey-tasty....*drools*

And with the Jets beating the dookie out of Miami, I have a feeling Dave will be in a great mood, so maybe I'll grill the other three tomorrow night in celebration. Woo-hoo!

Now, if I'd only had a good beer....

1 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

I thought about you Gutterball when I saw snippets of the game. Glad to hear you had such a great time. I'm feeling good too as the Packers won and supposedly there's some political significance attached to their having beaten Washington. We shall see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home