Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Happy Sidebar:

Today has been a good day.

I don't know why, but I've laughed more today -- those good, long, belly laughs I love so much -- than I did all last week. That, in and of itself, would normally make for your every day, average good day, but there's more.

I received A LOT of unexpected, unsolicited support from a bunch of people who usually never step forward. These people metaphorically stood up (over e-mail -- hence, the metaphor) and lauded my talent, which blew me away, and renumerated my...kindness...which totally floored me. I mean, I'm not saying I'm mean by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't realize that such small kindnesses would ever be repaid quite so fully. *blinks* It meant the world to me, and I don't say that lightly.

And still, that's not all!

A friend sent me a hilarious link that just about made me fall out of my office chair laughing. It's perfectly work safe, but you might want to turn down your speakers before clicking here.

Heh.... Did I just say I wasn't mean? I may have lied....

I've managed to avoid several nasty political discussions. I've done a boat-load of new work that was piled on my desk this morning with a big, stupid grin in record time. My beloved sister wrote an absolutely lovely poem to share with the world that made my heart hurt in the best possible way.

Oh, and I made someone LAUGH. Now, again, this isn't terribly unusual. But this person rarely laughs, and never writes an e-mail specifically for that purpose! And it wasn't just LAUGHING. It was HOWLING -- in his own words -- with laughter. Woo-hoo!

Now THAT...is a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home