Monday, November 08, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Grrrrreat weekend!

Okay, so the Chiefs lost a heart-breaker, which wasn't cool, but the rest of the weekend was fabulous! I've discovered that my ridiculous sense of humor is as insidious and infectious as a disease, and I've made spreading it like the plague my noble goal.

So far, so good.

In other news, my pathetic attempts at drawing have actually progressed quite well. I have the outlines set and inked and one picture fully colored. The other is half-colored, but I ran out of time before my D&D campaign. They're nowhere near perfect, and I'll probably wince and enumerate each mistake every time I look at them, but they're WAY better than I thought they'd be.

And when I got back from D&D last night, I was just in time for an on-line chat with an author from the e-zine I published in back in September. That was nice! I gleaned all sorts of information from people In The Know, people who are published and prolific and popular in their circles. Invaluable. And I was invited back anytime with the warmest, nicest words, which made me very happy.

Plus, I spread my humor-infection a bit further and got several hearty chuckles. Heh. One little group at a time, ne?

At any rate, good weekend. I could have hoped for a Chiefs victory, but then the weekend would have been perfect, and we can't have that.

I'm not totally over the blind-side that so knocked me off my stride last week, but my ADHD-riddled mind just can't hold on to that kind of anger and gut-shot hurt for very long. I'm much better at being chipper than pissed. Just call me Dori, and I'll just keep swimming. So, while it still nags, I just shove it aside and find something to snicker about. Works every time.

Until I stumble across a solution, it'll have to do.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger BG said...

I have NO IDEA how Tampa lights you guys up like a Christmas tree the way they did. Made no sense at all. Anyway, I hope the blind side hit, as you call it, isn't anything you can't see the sunshine side of. Life blows sometimes. I feel for you, even if I don't know exactly what I'm feeling for you for. If that makes any sense.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Heh, so long as you're not feeling me up, we're good. *snicker*

I'll see the sunshine tomorrow. Today, I'm still cursing Fate. Nah, really, it's not so bad as I think it is. When I get that through my head, I'll know what to do.

And...*sigh*...my poor Chiefs. They really needed to break even on the season. *shakes head*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home