Friday, November 05, 2004

Dear Charlie:

I don't have the words today, folks.

Perhaps in a few days or weeks, when I've stepped back from the situation, when I can see the humor in it as I always eventually do, I can talk about it here. But now? No can do.

Until then, my poor beloved sister must listen to me weep and wail incoherently (and repetitively) and rage against the unfairness of it all like a small child who has just learned that earning something doesn't mean GETTING something.

Sometimes, folks, the center doesn't hold. Cause doesn't end with effect. Hard work doesn't pay off. The ends don't justify the means.

Until they do, or at least until I can laugh about the lack therein, I'll keep my mouth politely shut here. I don't ever want people to feel uncomfortable at my blogosphere, and I don't want you all to feel the need to comfort or solace me. I'm a big girl. I'll get along fine.

I simply wanted to explain the lack of words. Or at least beat around the bush until it looked like I made an effort to explain. It's all the same in the end.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hang in there, Sis. I'm here for you.

RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger none said...

Oh, dear, Gutterball, go bake something chocolate and good to eat. That will make you feel better. Comfort food. You sound like you really need comfort food to me.

Yes, life is not always fair. You trudge along some path, only to find an ugly troll on the only bridge or something. Fred says I survive these things because I am flexible as soft clay.

If Plan A fails, then there is Plan B. There are a lot of letters in the alphabet, and then you can even double them!

Just stay on the path.

Hugs, Janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home