Wednesday, October 13, 2004

"Submissions Update" Update:

Err...this just in:

Dr. Pauly over at Truckin' Blogzine [see link at right] very kindly accepted a short story of mine today for his October issue! Yay! Cannonballs -- actually short enough to be flash fiction, I think -- should be up for public viewing sometime this month.

The straight acceptance/rejection ratio has now risen to 2-1. Woo-hoo! I'm better than 50% on the season!

Dunno when the newest issue will be up, but I just wanted to do a little more Shameless Self Promotion -- *grin* -- and promote Pauly's blogzine, all in one fell swoop.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.

5 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

WOW!! How awesome--go you! Let's see 3-1!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Good job, Sweetie! That rocks!
Hugs,
Michelle

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks, guys!

He's also thinking about putting another one, "Road Kill" in next month's issue, but that's not firm yet. I'm just stoked that he likes my writing!

I mean, Pauly's an honest-to-God published author. He does this just to get names out there and such and to find new talent to promote. It's 100% pure kindness and generosity, so I'm stoked!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger BG said...

Hey ya Molly... I'm a big fan of Pauly myself, and you'll be accompanied in October's Truckin by, well, ME! This is my third contribution to Truckin' ("Ten Warning Signs You Might Be Married To My Ex-Wife" in March, and "Anna and the King Queen Suited" in June), and I'm pleased and proud to call Pauly a friend and encouraging mentor (and gambling enabler).

Love your blog, I've got you linked up now. Check out two of the others in your section (Que Sera Sera and Mimi Smartypants) from my link list. I think you'll like them.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Hey, BG! Thanks for coming over! I'll link you up when I republish. Your dry wit cracks me up.

Yeah, Pauly kills me. He's something else entirely! And I'll check out your stories and the other links as soon as I get back to town, probably Sunday. Or maybe tonight, if I can tear myself away from Red vs. Blue, Season One. Woo-hoo!

Heh. Enablers rule. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home