Sunday, October 10, 2004

Funny Sidebar:

Well, it's not a Halloween flick, but it's definitely a classic. It's Payback, a Mel Gibson flick from back in '99, and it's one of those movies with a stellar cast of familiar faces, all of whom perform with gleeful viciousness. It's dark as hell, but I find myself laughing my ass off, just the same. Like this priceless quip:

Whore: [taps Porter on shoulder with whip] I've got a few minutes....

Porter: [turns away] So go boil an egg.

*snorts* He just says it so dryly -- half in disgust and half in utter disinterest. Priceless.

The whole point of the movie is that he wants what was taken from him -- $70,000. Everyone thinks he's after more than that, and they're all damn incredulous when he keeps correcting them. *grin* They try every dirty trick in the book to get this guy, and he just keeps bulling through, taking down those who oppose him though he would honest to God leave them alone if they'd just give him his $70 grand. What a riot.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I liked Conspiracy Theory better. I always cackle when he says "This will be grueling." Jim still doesn't get it. It's as much the tone of Mel's voice as the pun, I think, that makes that scene so hysterical.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I loved the movie "Payback" Mel just gets so darn aggraviated at all of them. Just give me my 70,000 dollars and I'll go away. They just don't get it. He is the most expressive actor. I love to just watch his expressions. Maybe why Lethal Weapon is one of my all time favorite movies!
Hugs,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home