Sunday, October 31, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Holy monkey, what a great day!

Now, I'm easy to please, but this was truly one of those God-blessed days that will stay in memory forever, even unto Alzheimer's. I had so much fun that I forgot to eat until after the game. Yes, folks, I got up at 7:00 a.m. and didn't eat until...ohhh...5:00 p.m. *sheepish* Needless to say, I was really hungry THEN. Heh.

Apparently, the Chiefs have gotten tired of playing football the old-fashioned way and have decided to break a bunch of records. Last week, we broke the rushing-touchdowns-in-a-single-game record. This week, with the Colts' help, we broke the total-combined-yardage-in-a-single-game record. The Chiefs and the Colts racked up 1,095 yards of total offense, breaking the prior NFL all-time record. How cool is that?

And all you wisenheimers who are rumbling about how the Chiefs defense should have prevented that record, look at the Colts' record and see how many OTHER defenses have allowed that much yardage to Peyton Manning! *grin*

Oh, and Tony Gonzalez caught his 500th pass. That was pretty cool.

Also, I'm LOVING the new anime look to the big Teletron thingie. I don't know if they showed it the same way on TV as they did in the stadium, but T. Gonzalez looks pretty damn sweet as an anime stud-muffin! Woo-hoo! Trent Green didn't look too bad, either. *grin*

Man, that game rocked. I have a headache and no voice from shouting at the top of my lungs for 4 hours straight, and I'm a little crashy from not eating all day, then eating a ton of chicken strips in about five minutes (before stopping abruptly as I remembered my stomach is still iffy), and I'm so damn tired I'm going to bed WAY early so I might be worth a buck tomorrow at work. Does life get any better??

Woo-hoo! *does a little dance*

45-35. That's just a cool score. Do you realize that the Chiefs have gained 69 first downs in the last TWO games? 36 last week and 33 this week? Unprecedented!

And we got to see Johnnie Morton do the worm in the end zone for the first time since last year! That never gets old. He just does it SO WELL. *smirk*

And I proved, once and for all, that I am NOT BAD LUCK! Woo-hoo!

Life...is good.

4 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, yes, an awesome, awesome game! My only wish is that we'd continued to play more aggressively in the second half. I'd have loved to see Manning with some grass stains on his jersey. But we hung in there and won. The Priest has 7 touchdowns in 2 games. Now that's a very nice stat.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Not to be a killjoy or anything, cuz Lord knows, you people in and around KC need something to cheer about these days, but that 1100 yards of offense was the third most of all time, not record breaking :)

However, it was nice to get a KC-Indy highlight of a touchdown every 10 seconds during my Eagles game, which finished 15-10. I think that was the score midway through the first quarter for you guys, no?

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Actually, you're right, but I didn't find that out until this morning. *sheepish* At the game, they said it was the highest ever, and I figured they knew. Then I saw the "third-highest" thing this morning and just rolled my eyes.

*laughs* That's about right! The scores did pretty much just shoot right through the roof fairly early. The weird thing is this: Chiefs scored no points during the 3rd quarter. What's up with that? The 3rd quarter is notoriously hard on my boys. You'd think they'd come out after halftime and want to clean house, but....

*shrug*

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Speaking of the Eagles...aren't they still undefeated? *big grin* The ONLY undefeated team now that the Patriots finally got swatted?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home