Friday, October 29, 2004

Dear Charlie:

I haven't puked today! Yay! *does a little dance* [since Sigge loves it so]

I'm not sure I really felt up to coming to work today, but I came in anyway. Too much to do to stay home. Two work friends and I had planned on lunch today, and I wasn't ABOUT to miss that, especially since one of those friends is leaving the company soon. *sniffles suspiciously* Yeah, I'll miss her like I would an arm. So, I couldn't miss lunch today, sick or no.

Plus, I had to finalize plans for the trip to Arrowhead this Sunday! Woo-hoo!

Happily enough, I apparently can't go ANYWHERE in town without bumping into someone I know. We go to Sweet Basil, a nice, tiny Italian restaurant on Main Street, for lunch today. I've never been there. In fact, I have only the vaguest memory of even hearing the name. At any rate, we decide to go there since it's easily within walking distance. I figure I can at least have soup if nothing else on the menu grabs my ill-stomached attention, right?

We order (chicken alfredo with spinach -- yum!) and sit around talking and eating like anyone should at an Italian restaurant, and all of a sudden, I hear a familiar voice. It's José, my conga-playing buddy from Woody's! He sometimes plays with Scott there, but I hadn't seen him for a LONG time. José always said to come by his restaurant and he'd make me something special, but I didn't know where he worked. Now I do! Yay!

He got one of my very few hugs (I'm not a touchy person, usually, but some people do get past the ol' handshake) and we chatted a moment before he went back to head-cheffing. Very nice. Made me feel good.

And the food was DELICIOUS. Of course, I barely ate half of it before my stomach started to rebel, but hey. I'll have lots for tonight and tomorrow, ne?

Anyhow, I'm glad I came in today. Good day today. My stomach's a little...rumbly...with malcontent, but if I can just keep lunch down for another half hour or so, I think it'll stay down for good.

So, here's to Friday, to bumping into old friends, and to Italian food when you're sick!

5 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Dr. Pauly said...

Have fun at Arrowhead this weekend!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

How could I not? *grin* I can't WAIT!

We'll be grillin filet mignon, drinkin beer, kickin back, then watching my boys play at home. Is there anything better?

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Yes. THEY MUST WIN!!!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Fast Guy said...

I had some nasty italian last night from a chain resturaunt no less. :(

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

You're doing WingStop, right, Sis?? *grin*

And Fast Guy? Bummer, man. There's nothing worse than something that should be SO GOOD turning out SO BAD. Sympathies, good son. Sympathies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home