Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Dear Charlie:

I don't usually put samples of my own writing on this blog (other than the few character haikus and some song lyrics), but I had to share this little bit. I don't know why, but it cracked me up something fierce!

"If he didn't know better, he'd swear the man actually had a three-dimensional personality underneath that Moebius strip of happiness."

Ha! I can only hope more people know about Moebius strips these days....

The last time I made a Moebius strip joke in a story, four of the five people who read it just kinda blanked out on me. *sigh* Though the one person who DID get it joked back that he "wasn't sure about the Moebius strip argument because the debate all seemed to be one-sided".

HA!!

Also in this little tale I'm weaving (far away from the tale I'm SUPPOSED to be weaving, of course *sheepish*), I have some lovely trash talk. This little exchange comes after one guy gets just SMACKED down and has the nerve to be a smart-ass about it.

Fighter 1: "Tough talk. It would be more effective if you weren't flat on your back."

Fighter 2: *snorts* "I don't have to stand up to look down on you."

Ouch! That's an Old School burn!

Wait, didn't I suggest this story would probably be a romance? *wicked grin* Well, there is a chick in here somewhere. Now, where did I put her...?

*sigh* I tell ya, folks. I just can't write romance. I guess I'm just not girlie enough to pull it off. I'd much rather write about fighting or football or fu--...errr...um....

*sheepish* Well, you get the idea. *blush*

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Great Galaxy, Sis, I'm a math major and I blanked on Moebius strip. Your sense of humor is...eclectic? Or eccentric? (Yes I looked it up and had to pull out my topology. Did I ever tell you that the class I hated the MOST was topology?)

So does a Moebius strip have balls?

This little project certainly doesn't SOUND like a romance.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

*sigh* I tried. I really did. I just got more caught up in the rivalry between her two "suitors" and kinda forgot that one of them (or both, whichever works) was supposed to be wooing her. *shrug*

Heh. What's wrong with topology? And Moebius strips rule! I think it was, what, sixth grade? Seventh? Some teacher along the way brought the concept up in class, and I never forgot it. Something about a something that only has one dimension.... Hell, even drawings usually have TWO dimensions! The world at large has THREE, and some people even propose that time is FOUR! It's incredible. Love the idea.

Can't help making jokes about it though. *smirk*

And something tells me that something one-sided can't really have balls, as they have all three dimensions.... *grin* But I had to think about it! Woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home