Friday, September 10, 2004

Quote of the Week:

You know, I've never understood why people put the "quote of the week" up on Monday. How can you know that quote will be applicable for a whole week if you haven't gone through that week yet? Shouldn't the quote of the week sum up the last 7 days, rather than predicting the next 7?

I mean, if you're going for inspiration, by all means put it up first thing to juice productivity for the day or week or month, whatever. But don't call it the "Quote of the [insert generic time period here]". Call it the "Inspiration for the [generic time period]" or something a bit more descriptive. More specific.

*grin* I'm such a dope. Does anyone else even think about this stuff?

At any rate, here's the quote for this past week--short and strangely poignant:

"There is no spoon."

I think this should be my new motto. No spoon, no limitations. No spoon, no rules. No spoon, no problem. *smirk*

There is no spoon, folks. Do with "reality" what you will.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.

PS: Strangely enough, the title of this entry and the earlier meanderings of it just gave me an idea for a story. I'm thinking "Quote of the Weak" kinda has a nice ring to it....

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Well, you know how I feel about trying to surmise what's going to happen in the future. I don't even try. I just deal with the here and now as much as I can. That's why I do Muses of the Day instead of for the week. No telling how I'll feel tomorrow.

There is no spoon. Right on! *grin*

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger username said...

All your base are belong to us.

Perhaps it should be: All your spoon are belong to us.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger none said...

Ah! The spoon analogy! I always need aspirin for that one. It reminds me of Novalis. I guess I put quote of the week, to remind me how to stay steady all week, because I am focusing on that theme. But one at the end of the week would be fantastic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home