Monday, September 20, 2004

For Michelle:

Poor Michelle had to suffer through a root canal, and I so callously detailed my yummy dinner last night, which happens to be her favorite and which she can't eat because of said dental surgery. To apologize and to keep her mind off her poor, abused teeth, I long-distance sing her this song, which I wrote for another buddy of mine.

These are my lyrics, folks, so please ask if you want to use them anywhere. I'd be flattered as hell if you did, but since I did write them for a friend who might put them in his original music CD sometime in the next year or so....
______________________________________

Something Jazz

Champagne dreams and red wine kisses
Firelight and snow outside
Thinking soft of summer's wishes
Lovers kept but love denied

Next to you, I'm alive again
In the sexy rasp the saxophone has
Music plays on the mood within
And in your arms, it's something jazz

Alone together while the wind blows by
Blankets piled and arms entwined
But something's missing and I don't know why
I'm all alone when at your side

Roses scented with sweetened dew
Castles built on slumber's shore
Though I'm safe inside with you
You'll never ask for something more

Roses wither and die away
Though solid stone, still castles pass
'Cause in your arms I'll never stay
And in my heart it's something jazz

Alone in here while the world goes by
Blankets piled and memories enshrined
But here, you're missing and I don't know why
I'm all alone inside my mind


© Copyright Molly Burkhart, 2004
______________________________________

There ya go, Michelle! Hope you enjoy it. Hope you can hear the music, though it isn't even written yet. *grin*

And hope, hope, HOPE you feel better soon!

5 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh wow Molly! Holy crap!!!!!

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I got chill bumps reading that, and I could just imagine someone singing it with a nice jazz tempo and a baritone sax wailing away!

Bravo Darling! You made me smile!!!!! And that is worth more than a million bucks to me!!!! You are the best!!!!!!!!

Big Hugs and smooches to you!!!!
Miss Sweet Pea!!!
Who is still tickled pink that you sang her a song!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Awww, shucks....

*blushes and stuff hands in pockets*

*kicks at a rock*

It was either that or "Vincent", by Don McLean, but I figured I'd be original....

So glad you liked it, though! I'm glad it hit the spot!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

*clapping*

This is definitely one of my favorites that you've written!! Hauntingly bittersweet.

Bravo, Sis!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

That was beautiful, Molly-Gal! It looks like you've got the poetic gene too! Really, that was simply, hauntingly lovely and I hope to hear it someday being sung and played. Brava!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

I love how the ice Queen can be so pretty when she wants!

XD

Aw, GB, tis gorgeous. Unapologetically blue. Full of lonely notes and throaty like a French singer with a long, thin cigarette holder and a black feather boa. I think I'm going to weave it into the Devgel universe somewhere...hope you don't mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home