Sunday, September 26, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Whew. I had suh-weeeet dreams last night, I can tell you! *drool* If you're confused as hell, read last night's "Marvelous Sidebar" blog. *smirk*

At any rate...oh, my GOD.

For some bizarro reason, I decided to straighten my hair today. Haven't done so in a really long time because it's getting long, and taking a curling iron to the whole mess is a pain in the ass. Case in point, it took an hour this morning. That's, like, twice as long as I usually take to get ready from the moment I wake up until I leave for work! Ha!

Anywho, I'm just straightening, straightening, listening to the radio, not really paying attention. Lots of hair. Dammit. Then, lo and behold, I'm done...and HOLY COW!

My hair is frickin LONG.

Now, logically, I knew this. I shed all day long, and it's kinda hard to miss that long and curly of a black hair, ya know? But DAMN. I've never just seen it full and straight and so stinkin LONG. When it's wet, it doesn't seem so...impressive, you know? It's maybe three or four inches shy of being waist-long!

It wasn't even this long when I was a kid and had little ringlet curls all down my back.

I swear it was short only, what, a year and a half ago? I'm talking like chin-length short. I know I didn't really start growing it out until, oh, May before last? It was chin-length then. I'm simply not used to having hair this long anymore!

No wonder I'm plowing through the shampoo and conditioner! *grin*

*goes and looks in mirror* *is still stunned*

Yup. It's LONG. I just had to check again, you know?

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Next time you come up you'll have to wear your hair this way!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Heh. I'll try! It's kind of a pain in the butt because it takes so long, but it's worth it, just for the shock value.

Got lots of compliments on it at my D&D game. That was kinda weird. Usually, the other girl is the "girl". I'm just one of the guys. It was a little...uncomfortable. *shrug*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home