Friday, September 24, 2004

Dear Charlie:

FOUR days 'til Smackdown, folks! Am I drooling yet?

Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait....

The stupid wrist is feeling better, folks, and thanks SO MUCH for your concern! *blush* I 'preciate it! I've been stretching and squeezing a juggling ball (yes, I can juggle; long story, that) and working out the worst of the stiffness. Now, if I could just make sure the soreness stays away for more than half an hour at a time, I'd pronounce it healed and go right back to frigging it up again! Woo-hoo!

I'm so psyched. I just found out "The Alamo" is coming out on DVD this coming Tuesday. I know a lot of people didn't like this movie, but I LOVED it. LOVED it. The scene that haunts me the most is when Davie Crockett (played by the infinitely talented and infinitely bizarre Billy Bob Thornton) steps up on the wall and starts playing his fiddle along with the Mexican marching corps.

I mean, that marching corps has played every damn day for God only knows how long, always signaling the start of a bombardment to keep the soldiers in the fort from sleeping, to wear down their resistance and their sanity until they're so zonked they'll be useless in battle. But this time, Ol' Davie Crockett hops up on the wall and fiddles right along with them, and the melody is so sweet, so haunting that I almost felt like I was in church.

There's no bombardment that day.

Of course, all hell breaks loose shortly thereafter, but....

Anyway, it comes out Tuesday, and between me and Dave, I think we'll manage to pick it up. We'll at LEAST rent it.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Molly, tommorrow is football time and by this time Saturday you will be in piggy heaven!!!! And only 3 days til SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Glad to hear your wrist is better! I just wish my brain was better!

Hugs girl!
Michelle

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Uhhh, ermmm....

I really don't do college football.... *ducks flying fruit and various kitchen implements*

Sorry!

I love NFL, and that's about it. I'll watch arena football, XFL, and even European League, but college ball just doesn't do it for me. I dunno why.

On a brighter note, the Countdown to Smackdown ticks ever further down the line! Woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home