Thursday, September 23, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Hellacious morning this morning, folks!

My ridiculous writing frenzy of late led to my frickin' tendonitis acting up. I guess 65 pages, single-spaced, in 4 days is just a little much for my stupid wrist. And that's on top of all the typing I do at work. I guess that's what I get for breaking it when I was three, ne? Of course, the other arm, which I've broken TWICE, doesn't give me NEARLY as much trouble....

Wait, where was I? *grin*

Oh, yeah. So I wrap my wrist last night and vow to lay off the writing a bit. I pick up "IT", one of my all-time favorite Stephen King books, and try to focus on reading, though it's admittedly been a while. I feel a little guilty. I unwrap my arm and take a shower. I go to bed early.

I wake up with a swollen, aching wrist because I slept on it funny on top of writing it to death! Dammit!

So, I ice it down, hoping to take down the swelling in time to wrap it for work today. No dice. The swelling refuses to go down. I call work and tell them I'll be a little late, maybe half an hour, and return to the ice. On twenty minutes, off twenty minutes. On twenty minutes, off twenty minutes. Stupid wrist.

Finally, the swelling goes down just enough to comfortably wrap, and I head for the door, only to realize I hadn't fixed my stupid hair yet. Now, while I don't particularly care about my looks and, given a choice, would probably walk around in my Chiefs hat and ponytail for the rest of my life, I have to look moderately presentable to work in my law office.

Dammit.

I was still only 40 minutes late, but I hate that. Hell, I feel late even if I'm just on time. It's one of the few things I'm ridiculously anal about. So, I'll just work through lunch and call it even.

Dammit.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

OH MOLLY!!!!! I'm so sorry! OUCH!!! Is it feeling better tonight????? Oh and yeah...Five more days til Molly goes to SMACK DOWN!!! I think your obession with Wrestling is great! When hubby and I were in high school he and a couple of his football buddies called themselves the "Brisco Brothers..." Remember them?

I think it is so funny that you love football (since I married a college football player (well, okay he was a punter but also played on special teams but he was second in the Nation!) Darn it I was supposed to be a football wife, but when he was supposed to get drafted by Dallas is when Jones took over...and no draft, no NFL contract --Nada--Took Earl a while to get over that

Anyway, I thought it was funny!
Lady Samwise

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Oh, man! Michelle, you were ROBBED! *grin*

However, don't say "he's just a punter", because trust me, punters have the NICEST LEGS. After all, it's how they earn their paycheck. *wink*

My poor ex-boyfriend had to suffer through many a commentary on how absolutely lovely such-and-such kicker's legs were.... He was a good man, and he had a nice butt, but his legs were just not punt-worthy. *grin*

Yup, that's me. Smackdown and football.

My wrist feels much better tonight, but I'm still not typing, except for e-mail. I'm stretching the hell out of it, squeezing my little juggling ball, and occasionally wrapping it. It'll be fine.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger username said...

Hope your wrist improves quickly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home