Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Dear Charlie:

The following is one of the main reasons I love my local pure rock station, 105.3, so very much.

As I'm driving to work this morning, radio cranked as always, Johnny and Mattie enlighten me with a new theory on the end of the world.

According to a "scientist" in Guadelehara, Mexico, on September 29 of this year, a huge earthquake will erupt. Now, at the crest of this earthquake, a spaceship will kamikaze torpedo the fault line, creating a chain reaction that will ultimately tear the planet apart, thus disposing of us puny humans, as the aliens fear our creativity.

Hn. Where do they find this stuff? I dunno, but they always have some bizarro news clip like this, and it never fails to crack me up. The music kicks major butt, and it will always be the MAIN reason I listen to Rock 105, but these little nuggets of comic relief do make the morning a little easier to bear!

Of course, with this one, all I could do was sigh with relief. Even if the aliens DO divebomb a fault line and blow up the planet on the 29th, it'll be a good two days after Smackdown Live in Joplin, and that's all that really matters. *smirk*

4 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger none said...

OMG! That's Oh My GAWD! Doomsday. I just love to read interesting Doomsday "stories." This is the best one I have heard in a while, much more inventive than the the Second Coming. That's the 29th, right. I will mark my calendar. But at the rate I am going today, I may drop off the face of the earth before morning. Laughing. If I do, Fred can have a neat little cyber-funeral for the Fellowship.
Someone recite Shelley.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Lady Samwise is running around her study doing her best impression of Henny Penny....
"The sky is falling, The sky is falling...Everybody duck!!!!!"""""

"Well, ah I say there young thing...what's got you all in a twither?"

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling"

"No it's not...You're just standing on your head!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I kid you not on this. Someone out there on the 'net has actually compiled a database of ALL the end-of-the-world theories he's come across. Johnny and Mattie were talking about it just this morning. I think the damn thing's even searchable!

They didn't give the address, but I may call up the station or e-mail and see if I can get it. I'm sure it will be atrociously hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home