Saturday, September 18, 2004

Dear Charlie:

I never did remember what I was supposed to blog about yesterday. Hm. Hope it wasn't important.

At any rate, I didn't get ANY writing done last night. I decided to stop by Champs Sports Bar for the first time in, oh, 3 months? 4? However many. I used to go there all the time, but all my guy friends that used to work there don't any more. *sigh* But, I still like the place, and one of the good friends still works in the kitchen, so I figured I'd drop by. Bumped into two old friends (one of whom is the owner of the place) sitting with three new ones, and....

Let's just say that I went there right after work (about 6:30) and didn't get home until 10:00. Hn. I kinda felt like Norm. It was like I never left, ya know? Though I hadn't been there in months, I was greeted at the door with a, "Molly! Hey!" We traded jokes like baseball cards. This one guy, Marty, just about died on some of my better ones. *grin* It was lots of fun.

And lots of free beer. Heh.

But, I didn't get any revising done, and I'd really planned to do that. Oh, well. I got some of those absolutely fabulous pub fries *drool* and several free beers, so I can't complain. It was a good evening. It's why I have such fond memories of that place, though most of my good ol' boys weren't there.

So, I'm gonna try to get at least 20-30 pages of revising done today. If I can just keep everyone out, I can do that easy. Hell, I can revise 50+ pages in a day, if I can just concentrate. *grin* But I gotta get this show on the road if I want to revise Book 2 and finish writing Book 3 by Christmas.

Yeesh! Isn't already September?? *panic*

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Duh. I forgot one of the more entertaining parts of the evening.

Corey Ellis, a buddy of mine who used to DJ on my favorite radio station down here, was at Champs last night. He's now working for the other group of radio stations in town, and I jawed to him about hearing him on the enemy radio station. *grin* Those are fun conversations....

At any rate, he told me that he'd been auditioning for a job on a Kansas City radio station (didn't know he was thinking of moving). Now, when he worked on 105.3, I used to call in several mornings a week to chat with him. More often than not, those little chats ended up on air. *blush* So, he had a lot of sound clips with me in them.

He used one of them -- one where the Chiefs were like 10-0 last year and we were absolutely joyous -- as his sound clip for the interview, and the KC guy LOVED it! Laughed out loud at some of our banter and said I had one of the most distinctive laughs he's ever heard.

Dunno if Corey got the job, but that kinda cracked me up. I mean, I've been recognized halfway across a Wal-mart SuperCenter for my laugh before. I don't know WHAT is so damn DISTINCTIVE about it, but it's apparently noticeable.

I mean, is it one of those annoying laughs that people just cringe away from? Yikes! Or is it just that I use it so damn much?

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

On the laugh? Both. hehe J/K

How's your revisions going?

Maybe if your friend gets this job he'll have a Rabid Chief fan show and you can be a regular!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home