Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Whew! After playing catch-up for the last 3 hours, I finally have a chance to breathe. Whew!

I suddenly remember why I don't take two vacation days off in a row without being sick....

Notes from the weekend:

1) Kristi is absolutely adorable pregnant. At six months, I swear she's the poster child for the glow of motherhood. *grin*

2) Finding room in a normally flat stomach for twins hurts like a bitch. While Kristi is the poster child for glowing motherhood, those little mutant vampires of hers are making her MIGHTY uncomfortable.

3) Going to Mom's house on a Sunday afternoon and having chicken-fried steak is a wonderful thing.

4) Missing the Chiefs game because it's on friggin' ESPN sucks donkey balls.

5) Watching Smackdown on a Sunday because you missed the aforementioned Chiefs game rules. Until the sound starts dinking around on you because you used a really, REALLY old tape....

6) Luther Reigns' legs are even more sexy when he's trying to beat the hell out of Big Show. He didn't make much of a dent, but he tried, bless his heart. And he looked damn good doing it.

7) Playing DBZ Budokai on my beloved sister's big screen TV is sheer bliss. It doesn't get any better than that. Unless, of course, you're playing the Vegito character. *grin* That spirit sword thingie RULES.

8) Huggy, clingy nieces give you the warm fuzzies. Especially when one of them finally picks Aunt Molly over Papa. *smug smirk* It won't last, but it's cool for now!

9) My beloved sister is the bravest, most incredible woman in the free world. If you want details, check her blog. It makes sense if you know her like I do. *grin*

10) Ummmm....I'm probably forgetting something. That counts as a note from the weekend, right? *sheepish*

At any rate, great weekend. Lots of fun stuff. Finished reading--no, absorbing--the rewritten version of my beloved sister's first book and SLAVERED over ever word. Did I mention that she's incredible? If not, I say it again. She's in-frickin-credible.

Sis, you RULE!

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

*sniff* *blush*

Thank you, thank you, my beloved Evening Star Sis! I wouldn't be so brave if you weren't there to catch me when I fall. Shooting for the stars means the resulting fall is quite a distance. Heh, you know how I feel about heights, too. But I dare to reach for those stars because you're right there cheering me on!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Awww.... *furtive sniff*

I'm just stating the facts, Sis. You are so stinkin courageous. You won't let your goals fall by the wayside. You know the respect your characters deserve, and you won't settle for less.

YOU are MY beloved Evening Star, Sis. I will guide my steps by your light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home