Sunday, September 19, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Man! Having your parents' old gas grill is a wonderful thing! I go to the local butcher once or twice a year and buy a package of various steaks because I love to grill so much. Somehow, it always turns out right. Even if I get it a little too done -- I'm a medium-rare woman *smirk* -- it's still good.

So, I grilled up some sirloins, steamed some fresh mushrooms in butter and garlic in a foil packet, and simmered some herbed potatoes for supper tonight (and lunch and dinner tomorrow *grin*). Man, it was great! Meat is good. Potatoes are good. Meat and potatoes?

Unbeatable combination.

And I didn't get them too done, either. *big grin* Mmmm...juicy....

I got a lot of writing done today, but it wasn't on The Last Mates. Dammit. I wrote 20+ pages, totally in the zone, on a story that might end up being somewhere between novella- and novel-length. Dammit! I'm such a 'tard. *grin* I have no discipline. At least I can admit it.

I gotta get this out of my head, though. It's been diggin' around back there for a couple of weeks now, and it makes other stuff not make sense. I hate that. So, I'll get this out, then I'll get back to work.

Really.

I will. *sheepish*

5 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

What fabulous idea is this? One you've told me about? Hmmm, inquiring minds want to KNOW!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Nope. I hadn't told anyone about it because I hoped it would just sit back nicely and quit bothering me. But, like most good ideas, it refuses.

Hell, it jumped up and did the fandango.

Once I get the edge off it, I'll get back to what I SHOULD be doing, and the snippet will sit safely in my hard drive (and on my backup disk *grin*) until I come back to it. Could be a while. Could be never.

You just never know with some of these ideas.

But it's chugging along like a beauty. I'm on pg. 35, just today. Bizarro, ne?

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

That's great, Molly. It's always great to get an idea that just grabs you and won't let go! Good luck with it!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger username said...

*drools*

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

OH Molly! You would post about meat and potatoes and shrooms woman! How did you know that is like my favorite meal? OMG, there is nothing like a good medium rare steak with shrooms. My mouth is watering and that is not a good thing as half my body is numb from this damn root canal. I think I'm going to go make me some potato soup cause I know this sucker is going to hurt later, they always do, darn dentists.

And now I am poor.
Sing me a song Molly, I need something to focus on beside the pain in my head!
Hugs sweets!
And enjoy that steak for me!
Miss Sweet Pea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home