Friday, September 03, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Man, I always get so much writing done when I only have the radio on! Geez! Turn off the TV (which I pretty much hate anyway) and suddenly I get another twenty pages revised! Wowza....

Music is a wonderful thing. Sooo soothing and focusing.

Of course, I'm actually listening to rock, so it should be neither soothing nor focusing! More like driving and bassy and HARD. God, I love rock! Even the slower songs by hard rock groups just TAKE OFF, ya know?

Like "Bad Day" by Fuel. They can really drive a beat, but "Bad Day" just...just strikes something.

Had a bad day again
She said I would not understand
She left a note and said I'm sorry I had a bad day again

Spilled her coffee, broke a shoelace
Smeared the lipstick on her face
Slammed the door and said I'm sorry I had a bad day again

And she swears there's nothing wrong
I hear her playing that same old song
She puts me up and puts me on
Had a bad day again
She said I would not understand
She left a note and said I'm sorry I had a bad daaay....
[music and lyrics are the property of Fuel]

God, haven't we all felt that way? *shiver* And the music itself, the melody....

It's a beautiful thing.

Oh, and "Bother" by Stone Sour....

Ooo, don't get me started! *grin*

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger none said...

I love Fuel. Great song. We need to inform Michelle! Janie

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

*grin* Is she a music luvah, too?

[I always picture Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday when I say it like that....]

I'm a nut for Fuel. Actually, I'm a nut for just about everyone on my local 105.3 Pure Rock station. Fuel, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Stone Temple Pilots, Offspring, Green Day.... Hell, I don't have to list 'em again! A lot of them are on my profile.

Suffice to say that I love a wide array of music, but I especially love pure rock -- the harder the better. Even metal, so long as it's not too ridiculously shrieky. *grin* I like to be able to hear at least half the words, ya know....

Then again, I also have a 2-CD set of Patsy Cline's greatest hits and another 2-CD set of the Great Story Songs. *sheepish*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home