Thursday, September 09, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Whew! Finally a chance to blog!

Busy, busy, busy today. I suddenly became the PR person for our firm, which is probably not the BEST idea. *grin*

A former client came in to tell us all how he was doing, and somehow, I ended up talking to him for...oh...an hour. *sheepish* But he just looked so happy and healthy! It was good to see him looking like living again. I mean, the last time I saw him, he was crying on the stand. Now, he's enjoying life and traveling and just EXCITED about things again.

So, we sat and chatted like old friends, and then another client came in, saw us chatting, and assumed I was a lawyer. I managed to correct that misassumption, but apparently I was so pleasant about it that she launched into her life story. Again, I usually don't mind this, but I had work piled on my desk (metaphorically, of course -- it's really piled in my computer) and getting deeper by the minute. But, clients are our business, so I sat back and jawed some more.

Needless to say, by the time an actual lawyer showed up, the former client was just as pleased as punch and the current client had sufficiently calmed down to be reasonable. I got a wink from the lawyer. I took it to mean, "Good job, kiddo! Thanks for the assistance, and now you know why clients always call and ask for you, even if you don't know what's going on in their case. Keep up the good work!"

Hn. *smirk*

Oh, and a PS:

Michelle, you wonderful woman, THANK YOU for the comment about someone important having good things to say about my story! I can't tell you exactly how much that made my night, but suffice to say that I'm stoked to the gills! Is there any way I can get ahold of that comment? A URL? A quote? Anything? I'd love to know just what was said....

I know! I'm horribly greedy, but this is the first time a complete and total stranger that I've never even SPOKEN to has "spoken highly" of my work!

Well, that I know of....

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Molly,
I'll try and find it and send it to you hon! I knew you would be pleased. It was on the Angela Knight list where a bunch of author's and readers hang out. I'll try and find it for you sweets! It's always good to hear good things about your work!
Hugs,
Michelle

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

WONDERFUL woman! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Even if you can't find it, thank you for thinking to tell me about it, Michelle. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home