Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Sorry I didn't post yesterday folks, but I'm having a spot of trouble on my home computer. Damn thing starts out fine, but gradually runs slower and slower until even the mouse jerks across the screen. Eventually, I'm down to like 30% of my resources, according to the meter, and I finally just shut down. Even that takes like twenty minutes sometimes.

I know there's probably some annoying little hacker-shit worm on it that's messing everything up, but I can't find it. I've even manually looked at all my files. Got rid of a crapload of spyware, malware, and tracking programs and the two threats that I couldn't delete before, and the damn thing's running WORSE than BEFORE. *shakes head*

I'm hoping to talk our IT guy here at work into taking a look at it for me. I can't live without my laptop, and I don't have the time (or the patience) to keep rebooting every hour -- especially since it takes it like 20 minutes to reboot! Yeesh! My poor laptop....

At any rate, I just thought I should explain the lapse in my blogging, as I've posted every day since I started this thing. Wow. I just now realized that. I actually HAVE blogged every day since early August. Hm. Is that good, or bad?

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

You know, it's amazing what a good IT guy can do. Good ol' Brian. Fixed the problem in like two minutes. He cleaned out my start-up menu (which I'd been trying to do for two days... *grrr*) and it's running like shi--

Ahem. Er, well....

It's running quite well now. *grin* At any rate, I left it running since about 10:00 this morning, and it's still running just as fast as when I first started up with a good 70% of my resources free. Woo-hoo!

One less thing....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home