Saturday, September 04, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Whew. What a day.

The thing that wigs me out the most about working focus groups -- besides having to get up 2 hours early on my day off and having to stand in the same place all day, panning a camera back and forth while listening to dry case facts -- is that I'm unable to be anywhere NEAR a computer all day! No e-mail, no blogging, no writing, no NOTHING.

It's like the Twilight Zone.

Plus, I don't think anyone else in the world has any common sense. A couple of months ago, I saved a dry erase board by taking some rubbing alcohol to it. An hour and some elbow grease, and I saved my boss like $200 bucks. *shakes head* Today, the THREE people who were shown, step-by-step, how to run all the video-overhead equipment couldn't figure out how to run the video-overhead equipment. Two minutes on the phone with our IT guy and I have the place running, the equipment working, and the lawyers placated. Oh, and the camera running -- which was my only real job.

Then, everyone panicked when someone spilled grape juice on the nice dark-beige carpet. I took some Sprite to it. Got most of it out. The carpet cleaners will get the rest. Everyone was impressed. Why?

Two crises later -- the laptop froze, then the PowerPoint program kept shutting itself down -- and the damn thing's over and no one says a single "thanks". At least when the other chick worked there, she knew who fixed stuff. In fact, she'd refuse to do a focus group if I wasn't there because...I DON'T PANIC. Even if I don't know what I'm doing, I can usually figure it out while everyone else is freaking out. *sigh*

Worse, when I came home and finally re-connected -- I'm not addicted though... *grin* -- my computer was running AGONIZINGLY slow, so I ran both a spyware scan and a Norton AV scan. Bunch of spyware. The same ol' "threats" I can't get rid of. But this time, somehow, through some creative deleting, I did it! I got rid of that stupid "WinKA.exe" that I've been trying to ditch for a good 2 or 3 months! *does a little dance*

This house...is cleah.

Now, strange as it seems, I think I'm gonna play some Budokai on the PS2.

I know. I just said I felt disconnected all day. But Smackdown comes on in an hour, and I'm not sure I want to get terribly involved in anything before then....

I'd much rather be Vegeta kickin' Kakarot's ass for an hour. *best Vegeta smirk*

Plus, that intro is frickin' COOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home