Friday, September 03, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Well, back to real life, folks.

The last week's been nuts, but it's time to get back to the grunt work. I've been SHAMEFULLY lax in my revisions, so I'm back, nose to the grindstone, on that. I promised I'd have Book 3 finished by Christmas, so I'd darn well better have those revisions on Books 1 and 2 done well before that, ne?

Plus, other cool stuff is coming up, and I need to get ready to enjoy everything. Smackdown in September. Another Chiefs game in October. Regular season football in general. That kind of thing.

And I really should be hearing back any time on at least 2 of the 3 other short stories I have out. I at least know the editors received those two stories. I haven't even heard from the other one, and I sent it to them in April. Yikes. No word at all. I begin to think they've gone defunct, as they didn't even answer the single fact-finding e-mail I sent about half-way through August to see if they even received it. Nothing. I think I'll shop that little gem around elsewhere.

So, back to business as usual. The last week was a wild ride, but it's time to get back in line like a good girl *wicked smirk* and wait my turn again.

Back to work.

Back to real life, to the slings and arrows of mortality and the working class. *grin*

Actually, that kinda gives me an idea for a story....

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Yeah, that's the sucky thing about Real Life. It's always has to butt back---with its long, poiny nose and squinty, greedy eyes---just when the going is getting good.

Get back to work, it mutters, get back to the mundane, to traffic jams, taxes and infomercials.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

And groceries and gas for the car and inflation....

The list of Real Life goes on....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home