Sunday, August 08, 2004

Well, this is it. My blog. I've finally given in to the inevitable. It's not a website yet, but I'm tapdancing around the edges.

I've recently come to the conclusion that it's darn hard to be a serious writer -- let alone a published one -- without having a blog. It's easy, free advertising for your own stuff. It reaches people a signing tour wouldn't and is easy to get out there by way of linking to other people's blogs and sites. Plus...hell, doesn't everyone just need a place to blurt every now and then?

So, I'm blogging.

Don't know quite what I'll do here, but it should be interesting, and I'll allow comments in case anyone has any useful suggestions. After all, like the great Katsumoto, all I want is a good conversation. Well, that, and a way to memorialize it. I've been very lucky with the "great conversation" bit -- I've had hundreds of incredible conversations with people all over the world -- but the memorializing part may be a bit tougher. Maybe I can remind myself here. Or maybe I'll just treat it as a very public journal, of sorts.

Either way, I hope someone out there besides my sister, bless her heart, reads this thing! The poor woman reads everything I write because she's the best sister in the world, so she deserves more kudos than I could dish out with a backhoe. But I hope she's not the ONLY one who stops by every now and then.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the Letters to Charlie thing...? Let's just say that's my little secret, and if you stick around, I might just tell you someday. Maybe. *wicked grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home